Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blankets!

My first blanket is what I call a Chenille.. and it took about 7 hours to sew all the lines and then about one to bind it, and about 2 to wash and dry it. Every time I have made a blanket like this I tell my self I will NEVER make another.. yea well, guess what... I made my Little guy one! I sure hope it last for a while because my sewing machine was being a PAIN and kept not catching and it was so awful.
I was really happy with how it turned out, It has the Soft minky fabric on the back, (first time ever sewing with that kind of fabric!)



The Second blanket is a Self Binder blanket. They are super simple to make, but absolutely HATE making them.. 1 because my corners never turned out right so they were ugly, and 2 if you want the corners to turn out right you HAVE to iron them.. well I DON'T iron..
My good friend Harmony came over and wanted to make one.. So I had my mother in law help us because I hated making them so much.. and she ironed my corners for me!! So my blanket actually turned out this time, and I just may make another.. but I do know I will have to iron it.. Harmony's turned out really pretty it was made of flannel and the Minky soft stuff.. which I just may have to copy and do one with the soft stuff because it turned out sooo cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for teaching me to make those blankets! I need to post mine on my blog! Now you just need to teach my to make the flowers!!